Summary by Carina…
Virtual means in terms of differing from traditional work:
- location of the workers
- where and how work is accomplished
- basis for relationships between workers and organizations and between organizations
Virtual work environment means physically or temporally dispersed.
- new employee-employer relationship like.
- contingent or contract employee who is self-employed and has no dominant organizational affiliation but has temporary relationships with multiple organizations.
- electronically connected contractors or “e-lancers” move the economy from its fundamental unit which is command-and-control organizations to one based on the work of individuals.